The first 3 are At "Wagon Stays", the carriage rooms have balconies—perfect for kicking back with a pint of ale after a long day of going absolutely nowhere. The two-year-old Wagon Stays in Christchurch, New Zealand, features rooms with queen-size beds, computer-controlled showers, flush toilets, fully equipped kitchens, and satellite TV.


One of the "treesorts" at Out 'n' About Treesort & Treehouse Institute, just outside of Cave Junction, Ore. It's one of 18 unorthodox treehouses—some enclosed, some open to the air and the Douglas firs (and the bugs). Some units are perched more than 30 feet above the ground. Most of the rooms have modern conveniences such as sinks and refrigerators.
The next 2 photo's are the exterior and interior shots of The Hobbit Motel. Which is part of Woodlyn Park, a bizarre collection of lodgings in New Zealand, near the Waitomo Caves. The Hobbit Motel consists of two hillside burrows that are faithful replicas of the hobbit dwellings in J.R.R. Tolkien's books—right down to the circular windows and doorways, red-and-beige walls, and camouflaged exteriors.


The next 2 are of one of the coolest Inn's I think I have ever seen! The inside isn't anything to brag about but, I love the outside. LOL
Dog Bark Park Inn is a two-story, beagle-shaped B&B in Cottonwood, Idaho. And, yes, pets are allowed. At Dog Bark Park Inn, guests enter the structure from the deck that's constructed along the pup's rib cage. The sleeping loft is in the pooch's head.


The next 3 are really cool. Maybe not the best for someone with fear of heights though. Here's the Harbour Crane, at Harlingen, a port city an hour outside of Amsterdam, Netherlands. You and your guest can jump into the cockpit, seize the controls, and turn the 143,000-pound crane a full 360 degrees. Peer inside the Harbour Crane. Since 2003, the massive crane has housed a luxury hotel room for two roughly 55 feet above the harbor docks. Inside the Harbour Crane, you'll find that the lighting system is touch-screen operated, the chairs are Eames Lounges, and the structural steel has a certain sculptural elegance.



I'm not sure i'd be able to bring myself to sleep in this thing but, it was different. This is Das Park Hotel in Ottensheim, Austria, offers three 10-ton segments of drainage pipe, each 6.5 feet in diameter. You get a lamp, a mattress, a few sleeping bags, and a lockable door.


The next 3 are really cool. Maybe not the best for someone with fear of heights though. Here's the Harbour Crane, at Harlingen, a port city an hour outside of Amsterdam, Netherlands. You and your guest can jump into the cockpit, seize the controls, and turn the 143,000-pound crane a full 360 degrees. Peer inside the Harbour Crane. Since 2003, the massive crane has housed a luxury hotel room for two roughly 55 feet above the harbor docks. Inside the Harbour Crane, you'll find that the lighting system is touch-screen operated, the chairs are Eames Lounges, and the structural steel has a certain sculptural elegance.



I'm not sure i'd be able to bring myself to sleep in this thing but, it was different. This is Das Park Hotel in Ottensheim, Austria, offers three 10-ton segments of drainage pipe, each 6.5 feet in diameter. You get a lamp, a mattress, a few sleeping bags, and a lockable door.
Here at Giraffe Manor, one of the "guests" is curious. Recent human guests have included Keira Knightley and Mick Jagger.







omigod I want to stay in all of them! Except maybe the drainpipe...may get a little claustrophobic!
ReplyDeleteI so want a Hobbit house!
these are so cool!!! i am not sure which one i would choose!
ReplyDeletei would love to go to kenya and see the giraffe one.
ReplyDeleteI like the treehouses and the Giraffe B & B!
ReplyDeleteooooo!!!! I want to stay in a tree house with the space decor and a giraffe. I want all the above!!!
ReplyDeleteIt’s like 3:15 am here for me and I gotta sleep, so I’ll be back later today to read ur blog, but I couldn’t go to sleep without letting u know that I am officially tagging you! Go to my blog and read the post :You’re It! To find out what the heck I’m talking about! ☺
ReplyDelete